Empower the future with Anova Health Institute! Join as a Professional Nurse specializing in Adolescent care in Johannesburg, Gauteng. Apply by 18 May 2023 to make a meaningful impact on the health and well-being of the younger generation in the community
Hiring Company:– Anova Health Institute
Job Title:- Professional Nurse Adolescent
Location:- Johannesburg, Gauteng
Closing Date:- 18 May 2023
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in DOH PHC facilities to initiate & follow up HIV negative adolescents and youth (or adults) on PrEP
- Initiate and follow up HIV infected clients on ART (adolescents and youth and adults)
- Initiate, follow up and manage TB, HIV infected adolescents and youth in line with DOH HIV Management guidelines and Anova workplan and Facility 959595 plans
- Provide PICT, screening for TB, STI’s, Sexual Reproductive health (SRH) & and other chronic conditions and manage symptomatic patients appropriately.
- Provide phlebotomy services for pre-treatment (baseline investigations for ART and PrEP) as well as monitoring of patients with HIV, TB and those on PrEP.
- Assess and refer adolescents and youth in need of other services to higher level of care or other DREAMS partners, CBO’s and NGO’s, in line with DOH and agreed upon bi-directional referral guidelines.
- Manage referrals from community adolescent, youth and OVC partners and record these appropriately
- Ensure accurate completion of ART/PrEP clinical stationery and all relevant NDOH and AYFS registers, as per NDOH guidelines
- Pre-pack, script, fill-in forms and consult with adolescent & youth in Youth Care Clubs and PrEP.
- Able to provide clinical service at our community mobile as required and ensure all clinical stationary are available at the mobile and PrEP stock control and report timeously to the line manager.
- Conduct clinic file audits (ART, TB, PrEP) for each supported facility and working with the mentorship and quality improvement teams, implement corrective measures where needed.
- Ensure facilities have and abide by the latest HIV, PrEP, TB, STI and SRHR guidelines.
- Ensure availability of stationery and drugs
- Be available to support Anova & DOH HTS events/campaigns or invites from youth and OVC community-based partners on weekdays & weekends when requested.
- Mentor professional (& Enrolled nurses where required) nurses at DOH facilities on implementation of youth friendly services and age- appropriate health care.
- Support facilities with implementation of YCC’s clubs through advocating for adolescent and youth days or spaces; in line with Anova workplan
- Submission of Daily, Weekly & monthly reports to the clinical mentor, CNP or relevant Anova senior staff member supporting the facility at regional level.
- Weekly and monthly debriefings with Anova teams lead on activities pertaining to adolescent & youth friendly services and the programme’s performance.
- Use relevant M&E tools to report daily, weekly and monthly to Anova team lead on number of clients initiated on ART/PrEP
- Participate in clinic SIMS visits and any other visits as requested (And prepare AYFS related data/information for the visit)
- Participate in Anova CME sessions & staff meetings as required.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- A Degree or Diploma in Nursing with valid SANC registration
- Valid registration with South African Nursing Council
- 2 years’ experience in clinical HIV/AIDS and TB related work
- 2 years’ experience in a primary health care setting
- Certificate in NIMART and basic HIV Management with at least 2 years’ experience managing patients with HIV and TB
- Knowledge of current guidelines and experience in HIV/PMTCT/TB programmes
- Basic TB/HIV/STI management certificate and counselling skills (an advantage)
- Reproductive health management certificate (an advantage)
- Dispensing licence (an advantage)
- PC 101/APC (Adult Primary Care) certificate (an advantage)
Apply Online for Professional Nurse Adolescent
If No Response Is Received Before 18 May This Year, Consider It Unsuccessful
- Boost Your Career Join Sasol Today opportunity Apply now
- First Impressions Matter Join Netcare as a Receptionist
- Become a General Worker with the Agribusiness Development Agency